Yes, http/2 is our primary concern right now.  At the moment, we've made the business decision to stay on mod_perl rather than migrate to another platform and gain http/2 benefits, but for how long can we maintain that decision?  I'm honestly not sure.

Now, we significantly under-utilize mod_perl, mostly doing CGI registry / code caching.  Hey, if it was good 15 years ago, it's good today! :)  But that does mean that there are potentially other options for us to explore, as we're not married to all the bells and whistles that mod_perl provides.