>From: MISA CHALLINGSWORTH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>Just a coincidental note to this whole jazz issue.  Here's a quote from
>"The
>Beatles" authorized biography by Hunter Davies:
>
>(John Lennon) "We were always anti-jazz.  I think it is shit music, even
>more
>stupid than rock and roll, followed by people like students in cheap
>pullovers.  Jazz never gets anywhere, never does anything, it's always the
>same and all they do is drink pints of beer
>Not that I agree with what he's saying, but it's an interesting point of
>view.

1) John Lennon was a Ted/Rocker in those days who listened to Elvis Presley.
2) John is referring to Trad jazz I believe.... just listen to that
description of 'scruffy students' - not exactly Dean Swift...
3) The Beatles were never mods.

Modern jazz is a truly amazing form of music. Everyone on this list who are
slagging off 'jazz' seem uninformed...... mods don't like 'jazz' just as
they don't like 'pop' or 'beat'........

I've not yet heard anything more stylish than Mose Allison, Jimmy
Withersoon, Booker T, Jimmy Smith........

Get it??????

Paul

PS. 'Non-intellectual mod' = scooter boy
PPS. That last comment was not meant to be taken seriously - but you know
what I'm getting at don't you?