I just caught the tail-end of this...are people actually making arguments,
aesthetic or otherwise, against the TELEPHONE (mobiles being only the most
useful subset)?!!?

I admit, cellphone are still obnoxious in restaurants, churches, galleries,
and buses. That's merely user-error, & does not negate the basic utility of
these phones. Every job, sale, date, opportunity I've had over the past 5
years has been brought to me by my cellphone--because as a artist, I am
essentially self-employed, & must always be reached directly wherever I may
be.

Isn't this argument at the HEART of modernism?

 <A HREF="http://jamestully.com/">JAMESTULLY.COM</A>