Eamon wrote:
> > The Sears catalogue *is* no longer. An American>
(sorry, "United States-an")
> institution for much of this century....<<<

Hey! You weren't the only nation to have the Sears
catalogue (note spelling) we (the Canadians that is)
had it, and in fact still have it.

What you didn't have (you poor bastards) though, were
the Eaton's and Hudson's Bay catalogues (note
spelling)! Now them were some fine catalogues (note
spelling).  In sad fact however, Sears has recently
taken over (bought at a fire sale) Eaton's and so will
now be trading under the name Eaton's in a mall near
you (well in fact us).

The 60s catalogues (Eaton's, Hudson's Bay, and Sears)
were indeed full of all kinds of cuban heeled/buckled
shoes, stylin' trousers, desert boots, lime green
shirts with 6-button cuffs, cheap guitars and
amplifiers, and BRAS!!!!
Oh such lovely bras...

Excuse me...

CB