>Segmentation Fault (11)
>> >BTW, sorry when I ask: Have you verified in the debugger that these segfaults
>> >are still the `meth'-variable-related ones? Perhaps we've fixed it, but have a
>> >second problem somewhere else?
>> This error log is about your patch in the letter.
This error log is not about your patch in the letter.
                  ^^^

>> This error log is about mod_ssl2.2.2 original.
This error log is about mod_ssl2.2.2 original.
                                     ^^^^^^^^
>Yes, but the error log says just "segfault" but not _where_.  Perhaps the
>segfault now occurs at a different location.  Because I still cannot image why
>even with the i2d/d2i-variant it should break for the `meth' variable.
I made three (libssl.so)s, and tested three times.
And I wrote logs in one mail.

(1) libssl.so (mod_ssl2.2.2+patch in the mail from you)
(2) libssl.so (mod_ssl2.2.2 only)
(3) libssl.so (mod_ssl2.2.2+my patch)

(1) error
  httpd: [Mon Feb 15 15:12:25 1999] [error] mod_ssl: Unable to configure server
certificate for connection (OpenSSL lib
rary error follows)

(2) error & segfaults
  httpd: [Mon Feb 15 15:14:13 1999] [notice] child pid 28009 exit signal Segmentation
Fault (11)

(3) no error & It works

>Sorry, I forgot: What platform is is you're running?  Usually for Linux and
>FreeBSD platforms the dynamic loader places the libssl.so DSO at the same
>addresses. But for instance on Solaris it doesn't. But you could be right:
>Perhaps under chroot the dynamic loader behaves differently even on Linux or
>FreeBSD...
Solaris 2.6 on sparc(SS20)