On Fri, Feb 19, 1999, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>[...]
> OK, I only will explain what happens with Netscape 4.08.
>
> 1 - I Start Apache
> 2 - I connect with Netscape Navigator 4.08
>
> At this time the Apache caches my SSL session ids and only asks for my
> personal certificate when timeout has expired.
>
> 3 - I close and start again Netscape Navigator 4.08 and connect.
>
> Apache is asking for my personal certificate and the times.

Yes, because NS doesn't cache the session id over restarts, so it cannot
resume the session. Here is doesn't help that Apache has it still cached, of
course. That's all a correct behavior up to this point.

> If i want that my SSL sessions be cached again, i have to stop and start
> again Apache.

Wait! That's still not clear enough, sorry. Do you mean that after 3) Apache
asks for the client cert on _every_ request? I think no, so what makes you
actually think that your sessions are no longer cached after 3)? Or in other
words: After you restarted Apache how did you discovered that your sessions
are now _again_ cached? Usually (I assume you've an enabled session cache:
SSLSessionCache!) restarting Apache should make no real difference according
to cached sessions.