At 13:39 1998-10-06 -0500, Patrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>apachectl startssl
>
>gives me this in error_log
>
>   [Tue Oct  6 13:19:10 1998] ssl_gcache started
>   bind: Address already in use
>
>What is bind complaining about and why can't I run startssl?

SSLCacheServerPort  has to be set to a port that is not used. This is only
used internally within the machine for the session cache.
You've probably set this port to 80, 443 or some other port already in use.
12345 works fine if you don't have any other daemon running there.

http://www.engelschall.com/sw/mod_ssl/docs/#SSLCacheServerPort

cheers.

- --
magnus bodin