I have built up apache_1.3.2 with mod_perl 1.16 and mod_ssl 2.0.11-1.3.2
using the configurations at the bottom of this page and when running the
server via 'truss -t stat,open httpd -X -DSSL' it never checks for .htaccess
files.  I removed mod_perl and tried apache with mod_ssl and it still
ignores them.  I then searched the web and found the following news article
which describes the same situation when apache 1.3.2 is built with mod_php:

http://x11.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=394869699&search=thread&threaded=1&CONTEXT=907740545.924516402&HIT_CONTEXT=907740228.852426818&HIT_NUM=16&hitnum=12

Has anybody encountered this problem already and have a patch available?

Travis Freeland

Web Administrator
Deakin University