On Fri, Mar 26, 1999, GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> The problem seems to be when open-ssl/ssleay version is less than 0.9.2
> (0x920).

Yes, mostly all problems until now were with older OpenSSL versions.

> Since there is at this time, no RPM for RH Intel platform, all RH
> users have the same problems.

Although I personally don't understand why people feel such dependent on
existsing RPMS (hey, it's open source, you can compile it yourself in 10
minutes!), maybe you're right. But why is there still no such RPM stuff
available?

> There is many difference between 2.2.5 and 2.2.6 in pkg.sslmod and code
> in mod_ssl 2.2.6 and
> many depends on SSL_LIBRARY_VERSION >= 0x0920

Yes and no. Except for the security fix (the session tagging call) the >=
0x0920 stuff is either consistency (the ciphers), cleanness (the SSL_clean
call) or not imporant. At least because of this nothing should fail with older
version. OTOH, don't think about <= 0x0920 any longer. From the next mod_ssl
versions (I'm currently thinking about 2.2.7 vs. 2.3.0) OpenSSL 0.9.2b is a
hard requirement and all those #ifdef's will be kicked out completely.