On Sat, Apr 03, 1999, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I just compiled and installed apache 1.2.6 with mod_ssl following the
> instructions from www.engelschall.com. The non SSL mode of apache works
> just fine (http://my-host), but when I try to connect to to
> https://my-host, I get an error message "A connection with the server
> could not be established."
>
> The error log shows nothing, as I would expect (since the connection
> failed.)
>
> Any ideas?

Check your configuration and make sure you started with "apachectl startssl"
or "httpd -DSSL". Seems like either SSL is totally disabled or at least your
Listen and <VirtualHost> sections to not match. I guess even that your Listen
directives are not activated. The best you can do is to start with the
provided httpd.conf-dist file and first make sure it works with this one.