In article <> you wrote:

>[...]
>> I'm totally busy with other mod_ssl things these days but those of you who had
>> problems with the Apache+mod_perl+mod_ssl combination last time perhaps want
>> to try out this new release.  Give us feedback if it works and if it doesn't
>> where problems still exist. Doug also created a INSTALL.simple.mod_ssl file
>> in the mod_perl distribution as I recognized via the CVS commit messages.
>> Look also at this file and give Doug MacEachern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> feedback
>> when you discover problems.

> Thanx for the hint, but... mod_perl 1.16 works the same way as mod_perl 1.15_01

> -- cut --
> AddModule mod_ssl.c
> AddModule mod_perl.c
> -- cut --
> does not work while
> -- cut --
> AddModule mod_perl.c
> AddModule mod_ssl.c
> -- cut --
> works just fine.
>[...]

Just a hint: This permutation of the module order is now implemented in APACI,
too.  It's available with Apache 1.3.4 through the --permute-module=foo:bar
option of `configure'. So with Apache 1.3.4 you can use
--permute-module=ssl:perl (permutes mod_ssl and mod_perl) or even
--permute-module=ssl:END (permutes mod_ssl with the END of the module list,
i.e. it _moves_ mod_ssl to the end).