On Tue, Jun 01, 1999, Andrea e Luca Giacobazzi wrote:

> >Ok, +StructRequire is only possible with 2.3.x, so it's clear that it
> doesn't
> >work for 2.2.8. I've also looked at your httpd.conf: it's mainly the Apache
> >default config and looks ok.  So either we've found a very subtle bug in
> >mod_ssl or your OCSP patches cause this side-effect. So it's important that
> >first you try it out with a plain Apache+mod_ssl without any OCSP patches
> > >you.
> >
> I started a new Apache 1.3.6 + mod_ssl-2.2.8-1.3.6 + openssl-0.9.2b, without
> my cert_status_lookup patch, and SSLRequire works fine also with
> [...]
> So I think the problem is in my patch ocsp cert status lookup with ldap,
> that I sent to the list, any idea about which could be the problem ?

Ah, ok. I'm relieved to hear that. Your OCSP patches perhaps return OK in an
auth handler or manipulate something related to Apache's Satisfy directive?

> I bought Apache manual by Laurie's, and I'm trying to use ap_pfopen instead
> of fopen to access files, it copiles right, but Netscape give me "I/O error
> occurred while ...". Any suggestion about how to use ap_pfopen() and
> ap_snprintf() (I think my problem is how manage pools, new thing for me) ?

Err.. Netscape's error isn't related to the use of ap_pfopen, I think.  This
has to be a coincidence, IMHO. ap_pfopen() works fine -- all other modules use
it, too.

> [...]
> Where openssl process directives ? Is there where I can add new directives ?

OpenSSL? No, the directives are a feature of Apache, of course.  Look inside
mod_ssl.c and ssl_engine_config.c to see how one can create own configuration
directives. BTW, I recommend you to buy Doug's and Lincoln's "Writing Apache
Modules with Perl and C" from ORA. It documents the Apache API very well.
There all this stuff is explained.