O/S- RedHat 6.0 w/kernel 2.2.9
CPU- Dual PII400/512MB RAM

apache-1.3.6
mm-1.0.4
mod_ssl-2.3.2-1.3.6
openssl-0.9.3a

Static compile per instructions.

During https browser refreshing an apache child hangs which disallows
any further https transactions until I manually kill the apache child
process which is consuming 100% CPU.  http still functions during this
entire time.  This doesn't happen of course without using shm.

It seems like it might be related to this:
[Wed Jun  9 14:31:30 1999] [notice] child pid 14880 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

This is a development box and I can do further testing I am just not
sure where to look.

John