Hi all,

I want to verify what I understand regarding running SSL on a "HTTP 1.1"
host. From what I have learned in this mailing list, and from my own
experience, it is entirely IMPOSSIBLE to have SSL run on a virtual host
which does not have an IP address different from another virtual host.

This does not work:
mydom.com is set up as a name based vhost with the IP 192.168.0.5
mydom2.com is set up as a name based vhost with the IP 192.168.0.5
mydom3.com is set up as a name based vhost with the IP 192.168.0.5
I cannot use a separate cert for each of the above domains.

This does work:
mydom.com is set up as a ip based vhost with the IP 192.168.0.5
mydom2.com is set up as a ip based vhost with the IP 192.168.0.6
mydom3.com is set up as a ip based vhost with the IP 192.168.0.7
I can use a separate cert for each of the above domains.

I wish to verify my findings because I have a customer who is swearing to me
that it can be done. He is informing me that vservers.com is doing such with
name based vhosts and allowing him to have multiple "sub domains" which are
name based and have a separate cert for each one.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Dave
California Internet Connection