>Hi all,

hi,

>In the instructions for configuring mod_ssl for win32,
>the ones at
>http://www.modssl.org/source/exp/mod_ssl/pkg.mod_ssl/INSTALL.Win32 ,
>it says you have to modify line 174 of crypto\bn\bn_mulw.c in the
>OpenSSL source.
>
>I have just downloaded openssl-0_9_3a_tar.tar from openssl.org,
>and there is no bn_mulw.c file in the directories after untarring
>it. There is a bn_mul.c file, but it contains nothing like the
>line that is mentioned in the above doc.
>
>Is the doc wrong? Is it merely obsolete for 0.9.3a? Or is
>my installation somehow corrupt?

no it isn't corrupt. seems to be an old version. I've compiled it without

      o Modify $INSTALLTOP in util\mk1mf.pl to fit your preference (e.g.
p:\openssl)

        $ vim util\mk1mf.pl
        << $INSTALLTOP="/usr/local/ssl";
        >> $INSTALLTOP="p:\openssl";

you can add this path on runtime to openssl.

      o Edit file crypto\bn\bn_mulw.c by changing line 174:

        $ vim crypto\bn\bn_mulw.c
        << return(ll&BN_MASK2);
        >> return(BN_ULONG)(ll&BN_MASK2);

didn't find this file, but it doesn't matter :-)

      o Edit file crypto\des\des.h as following:

        $ vim crypto\des\des.h
        << char *crypt();
        >> #ifndef MOD_SSL
        >> char *crypt();
        >> #endif

I'dont know, why Ralf has choosen this modification. I didn't modify and
compiled along the instructions of openssl (install.w32 in
openssl-0.9.3a.tar)- and it works fine (on winnt and win98 with mod_ssl)
even with mod_ssl ;-) on this "non-supported" platform.

I hope this helps

thomas