On Thu, Sep 30, 1999, Daniel Sutcliffe wrote:

> When I specify:
>   SSLRandomSeed startup file:/dev/urandom
> in the .conf the server never gets past:
>   [info]  Init: Reinitializing OpenSSL library
>   [trace] Inter-Process Session Cache (DBM) Expiry: old: 0, new: 0,
> removed: 0
> in the ssl_engine_log with:
>   SSLLogLevel debug

Err... I appreciate that you have a look at
the httpd.conf-dist filem, first:

#SSLRandomSeed startup file:/dev/random  512
#SSLRandomSeed startup file:/dev/urandom 512
#SSLRandomSeed connect file:/dev/random  512
#SSLRandomSeed connect file:/dev/urandom 512

In other words: Add a byte count to the reading stops (which is required here
because your /dev/urandom seems no to send an EOF).