On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, sharri parsell wrote:

> well, "--some-other-stuff" included the --enable-shared=max. so it
> seems i have indeed built mod_ssl as a DSO. what should i have done
> differently to build it in statically? by applying mod_ssl to the apache
> source tree (configure --with-apache=/path/to/apache) and then building
> & installing apache, i really thought that is what i was doing. silly,
> ignorant me. ;(

Shari,

Once you have configed modssl, and you are ready to start with apaches,
this should get you up and running at least:

        $ cd apache_1.3.x
        $ SSL_BASE=../openssl-0.9.x
        $ RSA_BASE=../rsaref-2.0/local
        $ EAPI_MM=../mm-1.0.x   <=== listed as optional, but, seems to be
required at least for linux systems  <do make sure to install MM first>
        $ ./configure    --enable-module=ssl
        $ make
        $ make certificate TYPE=custom ALGO=RSA

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
        admin & senior consultant:  darkstar.sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!