Not necessarily.  You can configure FP so that it will allow only a
group of IP addresses in, for instance.  But yes, installing the FP
extensions should not be undertaken lightly, and only after reading (and
rereading, unfortunately) ALL the FP docs about ownership, permissions,
passwords, etc.

The FP extensions are not that big a problem to install, even if they
claim not to be configured for anything other than 1.3.6 - you might
have to do a little code-hacking.

--
Shane Castle             | "Perfection, then, is finally achieved, not
Boulder County Info Svcs | when there is nothing left to add, but when