[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Presently, I have one IP address assigned through which I operate
> > name-based/non-IP based virtual hosts. I realize I can't have ssl
> > with not IP based virtual hosts. However, if another IP address is
> > assigned, can I have the SSL host assigned to one IP and my non-
> > IP virtual hosts assigned to the other IP and have it all configured in
> > the same httpd.conf configuration file?
>
> Yes. Assuming your config file would have a structure similar to this...
>
> <VirtualHost ipaddress:443>
> ServerName www.foo.com
> DocumentRoot /path/to/foo
> [SSL directives....]
> </VirtualHost>
>
> NameVirtualHost: ipaddress:80
> <VirtualHost ipaddress:80>
> ServerName www.foobar1.com
> DocumentRoot /path/to/foobar1
> </virtualhost>
>
> <VirtualHost ipaddress:80>
>
> <ipaddress:secureport>
>
Oops. The line above should not be there. After I began typing up a generic
virtual server configuration, I changed some things to make it simpler and
forgot to delete a line. To my knowledge the above is not even a valid
apache directive, and if it were, it certainly wouldn't belong there. Sorry
-- it was really late...:)
Dave
> ServerName www.foobar2.com
> DocumentRoot /path/to/foobar2
> </virtualhost>
>
> > If so, can someone give an
> > example of what entries I would need to make in the httpd.conf file?
> > Thanks for any help.
> >
>
> Don't forget the <IfDefineSSL> containers.
>
> Dave
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Automated List Manager [EMAIL PROTECTED]