"Ralf S. Engelschall" wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 08, 2000, Kingsley Foreman wrote:
>
> > i just compiled this together and i am having a problem viewing them
> > iunder e4 the key is 1024bits
> >
> > comes up with the error
> >     Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site https://www.foo.com
> >     An error occurred in the secure channel support
> >
> > worked fine with ssl 2.5 and openssl 0.9.4
> > anyone got any ideas or suggestions
> > besides don't use ie4
>
> Because the mod_ssl changes between 2.5 and 2.6 are not SSL/TLS protocol
> dependent, the problem has to be the changes between OpenSSL 0.9.4 and
> 0.9.5. Seems we have a major problem introduced between 0.9.4 and 0.9.5,
> because the IE4-related problem reports grow...
>
>                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
>                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>                                        www.engelschall.com

At least on one installation here, I *can* connect with ie4.01 on NT4
to an apache-mod_ssl 2.6.0 with openssl 0.9.5beta2:

HTTP/1.1 200
OK
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 14:20:15
GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) PHP/3.0.15 mod_ssl/2.6.0
OpenSSL/0.9.5beta2
Last-Modified: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:11:39
GMT
ETag:
"bff-182e-38b53c1b"
Accept-Ranges:
bytes

The server is a cobalt linux/mips box, the key size is 1024,
my ie4.01 is an export version, but then the NT workstation
is rather old (service pack 4 I believe) and the certificate
was generated some time ago using the mod_ssl installation
with openssl 0.9.4.

Openssl version:

OpenSSL 0.9.5beta2 27 Feb 2000
built on: Wed Mar  1 01:12:08 CET 2000
platform: linux-mips
blowfish(idx)
compiler: gcc -fPIC -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall
--
Niels Poppe - org.net bv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>