On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 08:23:32AM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm trying to build Apache with mod_perl, mod_php, mod_ssl
> and a couple easier to install mod_s(i.e. rewrite,proxy,so).
>
> The conflict comes between
> (I) mod_ssl-2.6.3-1.3.12
> AND
> (II) apache_1.3.12+ssl_1.40

[SNIP]

> :The mod_ssl/2.6.3 can be used for Apache/1.3.12 only.
> : Your Apache source tree is version 1.3.12 Ben-SSL/1.40

This should give it away - you simply can't do that combo.
You have to choose between the two SSL Apache implementations -
you can't have both in the same server.
Since this is the mod_ssl mailing list, I'll certainly recommend
that you just drop all ideas about Apache+ssl and just stick to
mod_ssl ;-) Besides I can tell that I have a few and servers in
production with mod_ssl + proxy + rewrite and another couple with
those and php and mod_perl on development servers - and all are
working quite well.

vh

Mads Toftum