We have had modssl working for a very long time, and it worked
fine from BSDI 2.1 till 4.0.1.  As soon as we installed
BSDI 4.1, our httpd server stopped working.. It starts up
but only a single process starts, and basically does nothing.

So we decided to re-compile apache, and used all of the latest versions of
modssl, openssl, apache, etc.  Everything compiled and installed just fine.
BUT, it still starts up only as a single process which
does basically nothing.  We re-compiled the server without ssl, and
apache startups up fine with multiple processes and answers queries.

I did search several lists, bsdi-user and modssl-user, and did not find any
simular situations.

If anyone else has experienced this problem on BSDI or any other
operating system, please post on how you solved this problem.

Or you can email me directly at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank You.