No, apache doesn't need to listen on port 80. Try this:

BindAddress 139.142.87.53
<IfDefine SSL>
Listen 443
</IfDefine>

Start apache using 'apachectl startssl '.

Next, make sure all your users connect to the servlet using
https://yourdomain.com/servlets/test

I tried the getServerPort() under this config and it worked for me.

Cheers,
Craig Skelton
/*
                      (_____|