On Wed, Jul 19, 2000, Jie Gao wrote:

> > > I am getting this error in the log:
> > >
> > >     [Tue Jul 18 10:16:57 2000] [error] OpenSSL: error:14094412::lib(20)
>:func(148) :reason(1042)
> > >
> > > How is error message interpreted?
> >
> > Hmm... strange, I cannot imagine why this happens. Usually such errors happen
> > only if OpenSSL has not all error strings loaded (but mod_ssl loads all, I
> > think). Under which situation does it occur?
>
> I don't know exactly. This did not happen in my development env, but
> happens after I put it into production.  :-(
>
> I have also noted a fair amount of
>     [Wed Jul 19 16:01:58 2000] [notice] child pid 24703 exit signal Segmentation
>Fault (11)
> or simply
>     Segmentation Fault
>
> in the error log. No users have reported any problems so far, so I can't be sure.
> I wish Apache's error_log would contain more info, like client ip, referer etc.
>
> Server setup: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) PHP/3.0.16 mod_ssl/2.6.5 OpenSSL/0.9.5a
>
> I'm on Sparc/Solaris2.7.

Err... I'm convinced that our current mod_ssl 2.6.5 is 100% stable and does
not produce any segfaults. If you really get segfaults, some other component
causes it.  Let me guess: You're running PHP or mod_ssl+OpenSSL as a DSO
underf Solaris, right? If yes, then please built the stuff statcially, because
Solaris' dynamic loader horribly dislikes Apache's silly two-round loading of
DSOs and so it is clear that you get segfaults on a regular basis.  If no,
then I've no clue and you have to attach a debugger to find out where it
segfaults.