I am patiently awaiting September 20th for the expiration of the RSA
patents.  However, I am not sure how to proceed.

As I understand the current state (pre Sept 20th) if one builds SSL,
they must use the code as supplied in RSAREF indirectly procured from
RSA.  This is because of the patent restrictions.  However, the
license contained in RSAREF has some restrictions.

After September 20th, if one uses RSAREF, won't the restrictions
still be there because the RSAREF code will still be copyright RSA?

What code can we substitute so that we do not have any restrictions?

Are we *really* going to be totally free after September 20th?
Has anyone seen anything in print by some authority stating this?
Or is this just everyone's own interpretation of the situation?

I.E.: Does RSA admit this?

--
Gary Algier, WB2FWZ       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           +1 856 787 2758
Ulticom Inc., 1020 Briggs Rd, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054      Fax:+1 856 866 2033

            This space intentionally left blank by the censors.