"Panon, Paul-Andre" wrote:

> I am trying to use multiple name-based virtual hosts with mod_ssl.

If your system is working as you say, then you have achieved the
impossible. Congratulations. Please invent cold fusion next...

I rather suspect that you have overlooked something and that you are
really getting site1 ALL THE TIME when connecting via HTTPS. Please
double check that you are not getting the different sites via normal
HTTP.

What is happening is that the server sees a request on port 443 and so
knows this is an SSL connection. It it therefore duty-bound to negotiate
an SSL-handshake before exchanging ANY data (including the ServerName).
Since it has no ServerName, it cannot decide which certificate (or
DocumentRoot) to use and so just takes the first VirtualHost on port
443.

Check out:

http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.6/ssl_faq.html#ToC46

Rgds,