On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 09:29:28PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Full_Name: Keith Parkansky
> Version: 2.6.2
> OS: Red-Hat-Secure/3.2
> Submission from: (NULL) (169.207.134.182)
>

> SERVER_SOFTWARE environment variable reports:
> Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) Red-Hat-Secure/3.2 mod_ssl/2.6.2 BSAFE-SSL-C/1.0.0i
> This is the software that came in the Red Hat 6.2 Professional package.
>
> With an https connection SSL the only environment variable available is HTTPS
> (which is set to "on").  None of the other SSL variables (such as KEY_SIZE) are
> generated.
>
> I tried using the following in the httpsd.conf file:
> SSLOptions +CompatEnvVars
> SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
> SSLOptions CompatEnvVars
> SSLOptions StdEnvVars
>
> Using any of the above, Netscape 4.x reports "Document contains no data" when
> trying to access the server via https and the following error is generating in
> the error_log file:
> child pid xxxxx exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

It is a bit difficult to know exactly what is wrong with this RedHat hacked
up version of mod_ssl - but try following the standard recommendations for
getting a backtrace in case of core dumps:

http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.7/ssl_faq.html#report-backtrace

Alternatively try starting apache as a single process under strace (something
like):

strace ./httpd -X -DSSL

vh

Mads Toftum