On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Brendon Maragia wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First off i'd like to thank everyone on the list for all they're amazing
> ideas and suggestions, that saved me lots and lots of trouble and debug time
> in the past. :) thanks.  Hehee now off to my problem.  Heres a couple things
> you should know before I start...
>
> apache-1.3.14
> mod_ssl-2.7.1-1.3.14
> openssl-0.9.6
> no rsaref2.0 :)
>
> Ok my trouble is that in order to get this class i wrote in php to work I
> can't switch domain names when moving from a 'http' to a 'https'.  So I went
> ahead and aliased my domain name to 2 IP addresses so I can do an apache
> vhost && a ssl vhost, thus so...
>
> Name:    www.commaflex.com
> Addresses:  216.186.181.230, 216.186.181.231

I don't understand why you did this.  Users will randomly get one or the
other IP address.  As a result you are missing definitions for two virtual
hosts.

<VirtualHost 216.186.181.231:443>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 216.186.181.230:80>
</VirtualHost>

As a result, your successful IE tests were likely nothing more than dumb
luck.

Merton Campbell Crockett