All I said was that it seems that Verisign Step-Up certs require the
following line in the Apache config file to work properly:

SSLRequire %{SSL_CIPHER} >= 128

I deducted this from various reports which I have seen from users on the
mod_ssl list like Ray Erdmann.  It seems that if you are using a Verisign
Step-Up cert and do not include the line above, you will get IO Errors when
connecting with MSIE.

However, I don't don't have a Verisign Step-Up cert to verify this myself,
so if you know this to be false, maybe you can post a known working
configuration or what you recommend to your customers.

-Dave