After compiling mod_ssl apache and php as per instructions, running httpd
-DSSL segfaults.  I would normally have thought this a php bug, since it
breaks after adding PHP. But I observed the same behavior when I compiled
Apache+mod_perl+mod_ssl. (yes I compiled mod_perl into apache, _not_ as a
DSO).  (And yes as the FAQ states I made sure PHP was compiled with
-DEAPI)

Apache+mod_ssl works OK
Apache+php4 works OK
Apache+mod_ssl+php4 fails
Apache+mod_perl+mod_ssl fails

For an install log see <a
HREF="http://home.viptx.net/~kazen/Apache+mod_ssl+php4.build.txt">
Apache+mod_ssl+php4.build.txt</a>
For a strace log see <a
HREF="http://home.viptx.net/~kazen/Apache+mod_ssl+php4.strace.txt">
Apache+mod_ssl+php4.strace.txt</a>

I would love to provide a gdb backtrace but apache is _not_ producing a
core file when it segfaults.
(Yes I compiled with "-g -ggdb3"

--
"To err is human, to forgive is beyond the scope of the Operating System"