I compiled with "-g -ggdb3", I added  "CoreDumpDirectory /tmp" to the top
of httpd.conf and I ran the executable as httpd -X -DSSL to prevent it
from forking.  As far as I can tell that should be enough to make it
create a coredump in /tmp on a segfault.  But it doesn't.  I then created
a seperate directory off the root and chowned it to www.www and set httpd
to run as user www group www and set the coredumpdirectory to that dir,
and still nothing.

--
"To err is human, to forgive is beyond the scope of the Operating System"