Full_Name: Wes Barris
Version: 2.7.1
OS: Redha 7
Submission from: (NULL) (144.34.33.41)

Hello,

I am following the instructions in the following file:

mod_ssl-2.7.1-3: /var/www/html/manual/mod/mod_ssl/ssl_faq.html

I am trying to create my own CA as described under the following
heading in that file:

"How can I create and use my own Certificate Authority (CA)?    [L]"

All goes well until I use the "sign.sh" command (which, for some reason
is not packaged with the mod_ssl-2.7.1-3.i386.rpm for Redhat 7).  Here
is a transcript of the error:

wes@kirby> ./sign.sh server.csr
CA signing: server.csr -> server.crt:
Using configuration from ca.config
Enter PEM pass phrase:
Check that the request matches the signature
Signature ok
The Subjects Distinguished Name is as follows
countryName           :PRINTABLE:'US'
stateOrProvinceName   :PRINTABLE:'Minnesota'
localityName          :PRINTABLE:'Minneapolis'
organizationName      :PRINTABLE:'Network Computing Services, Inc.'
organizationalUnitName:PRINTABLE:'Security Division'
commonName            :PRINTABLE:'kirby.hpcmp.hpc.mil'
emailAddress          :IA5STRING:'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Certificate is to be certified until Mar  8 16:21:13 2002 GMT (365 days)
Sign the certificate? [y/n]:y

1 out of 1 certificate requests certified, commit? [y/n]y
Write out database with 1 new entries
Data Base Updated
CA verifying: server.crt <-> CA cert
server.crt: /C=US/ST=Minnesota/L=Minneapolis/O=Network Computing Services,
Inc./OU=Security [EMAIL PROTECTED]
error 18 at 0 depth lookup:self signed certificate
/C=US/ST=Minnesota/L=Minneapolis/O=Network Computing Services, Inc./OU=Security
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
error 7 at 0 depth lookup:certificate signature failure
wes@kirby>

I can see two errors but I don't know what they mean or what I am supposed
to do about them.  Im I doing something wrong?