Mike Momany wrote:

> I have installed apache, openssl and mod ssl according to the instructions
> at http://www.modssl.org/example/ .
>
> Everything seemed to go well but when I attempt to start apache I get a
> failure.
>
> The error log reads: mod_ssl: Init: Server mannheim.servermart.com:443
> should be SSL-aware but has no certificate configured [Hint:
> SSLCertificateFile]
>
> The certificate creation process appeared to go ok.

Yes, but did you add an SSLCertificateFile directive to the config file?

Assuming your certificate is server.crt in
/usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt, you need:

SSLCertificateFile     /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile  /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.key/server.key

Regsrds,

Owen Boyle.