Why are you using the JServ when you can use Tomcat + mod_jk or
mod_jserv?

I think that there is more maintinance going on with JServ anyways, and
they are recommending that you go to Tomcat anyways. This might be an
issue as well in future upgrades in 2.0, considering I see you are up to
date on 1.3.19, already.

If I am wrong, please let me know, but from experience this would be my
approach.

 - John