Newbie that I am, newbie that I am, I finally got it to work!  Here's the
article I found on the web that helped:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&ic=1&th=d6e9305c0c7261c,2
&seekm=7538g9%241e%241%40nnrp1.dejanews.com#p

Basically, I did the following:
1. In the jserv build directory, I removed all *.obj, ApacheModuleJServ.pch,
ApacheModuleJserv.lib, ApacheModuleJServ.exp, and ApacheModuleJServ.dll
2. Made myself a file called configure.win32 that contains the following:
        PACKAGE=ApacheJServ
        VERSION=1.1.2
        APACHE_SRC=d:\apache\src
        JAVA_HOME=d:\jdk1.3.0_02
        JSDK_HOME=d:\JSDK2.0
3. Modified the following items in makefile.win32:
        Changed this line:
                JSERV_DEFINE = /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS"
        to this:
                JSERV_DEFINE = /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /DEAPI
        Commented out these lines:
                jserv.h: autochange.exe
              @autochange PACKAGE=$(PACKAGE) VERSION=$(VERSION) < jserv.h.in
> jserv.h
4. Ran the make:
        nmake -f makefile.win32 @configure.win32

The ApacheModuleJserv.dll that it spits out is exactly the same size as the
other one, but it must be right because I no longer get the warning message.

-jc