On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 01:32:56PM -0600, Diana Shepard wrote:
> Erdmut,
>
>   Thanks very much for the taking the time
> to respond.  I tried your suggestion, but
> unfortunately the same error persists.

sorry, my fault, didn't look closely enough at what the script is
really doing. You also need to disable the

  if { (eval echo configure: ...

line immediately above, by changing it to something like

  if test x

So, the script fragment should then read:

(...)
EOF
#if { (eval echo configure:2476: \"$ac_link\") 1>&5; (eval $ac_link) 2>&5; } && test
-s conftest${ac_exeext} && (./conftest; exit) 2>/dev/null
if test x
then

#MM_SHM_MAXSEGSIZE="`cat conftestval`"
MM_SHM_MAXSEGSIZE="1048576"
msg="$MM_SHM_MAXSEGSIZE"
(...)

Hope it's ok now,
Erdmut

--
Erdmut Pfeifer
science+computing ag

-- Bugs come in through open windows. Keep Windows shut! --