On Mon, Apr 23, 2001, Diana Shepard wrote:

> Well I asked this about a week ago, but I'll ask again
> because I can't figure out what the heck MM wants.
> I'm trying to install mod_ssl2.8.2-1.3.19 on a Solaris 8
> system.  I'm at step 4 of the mod_ssl INSTALLATION instructions,
> the MM Shared Memory Library build. Here is the error I keep
> getting:
>
> decision on shared memory allocation method... 4.4BSD-style mmap() via
> MAP_ANON
> checking for shared memory maximum segment size... configure: error: Unable
> to determine maximum shared memory segment size
>
> Now I've checked via "sysdef -i" that a shared memory maximim
> segment size is set and it is, with a value of 1048576.  Surely
> someone else has seen this error.  I sure would appreciate some help.

First, to workaround your problem is simple. Just execute the
following command before you run the configure script:

$ echo "ac_cv_maxsegsize=${ac_cv_maxsegsize='128000'}" >config.cache

This gives you 128KB for a maximum shared memory segment (which usually
always works).

Second, to find out why the Autoconf test fails for you, I need the
resulting config.log file which Autoconf created on your machine.
Without this I cannot help you. Oh, and can you also show us the output
of "gcc -v" and "uname -a"?

On one of my Solaris 2.8 boxes on SPARC I see a fine "checking for
shared memory maximum segment size... 64MB (soft limit)" so it certainly
is not a problem in general with Solaris 2.8.