[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> the ? marks are replacing the real info.
> here is what I tried last.
>
> <VirtualHost  192.168.?.?  ?.?.?.?>
>         ServerName login.?.com
>         ServerAdmin     webmaster@?.com
>         DocumentRoot   /home/?/public_html/
>         SSLEngine       on
>       SSLCertificateFile      /etc/httpd/conf/ssl/server.crt
>       SSLCertificateKeyFile   /etc/httpd/conf/ssl/server.key
>       SSLVerifyClient none
>       </VirtualHost>
>
> when I try this it will give me an error -  SSLEngine mispelled or module
> not installed.....

Are you using static or dynamic linking? If dynamic, do you have a
LoadModule directive for mod_ssl? If static, double-check you really
have mod_ssl installed: do "./httpd -l" and look for "mod_ssl.c".

OK?

Then, specify the port number in the VirtualHost definition:

<Virtualhost 192.168.1.1:443>
...etc.

Also check you have "Listen 443".

Rgds,