I am new to mod-ssl and this users email group, so I will also defer to the
seasoned veterans out there that might have a better answer than this (or
that can explain why - I am curious also).

I ran into the same problem about a month ago and found that I needed to
build Apache (and all of the modules) with an environment variable set for
the compile options.

$ CFLAGS=-DEAPI; export CFLAGS;

Mark O.

                    frida

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    o.id>                      cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     DEAPI ???

                    owner-modssl-users@

                    modssl.org

                    07/12/2001 05:48 AM

                    Please respond to

                    modssl-users

Hi,

I tried to install mod_ssl 2.6.6.1.3.12 support on my RH 6.2 with
PHP4.0.5 and OpenSSL 0.9.6b. I followed the instruction as mentioned in
the document. And I also have made the certificate.
Then when i tried /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start, i got it start.

But when i type the command /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl startssl, i
go a lot of warning messages like :

[Thu Jul  11 17:19:20 2001] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so
uses
plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please
recompile
it with -DEAPI)
[Thu Jul  11 17:19:20 2001] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_env.so uses
plain
Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it

with -DEAPI)

Pls help me.
Thank you very much