I am trying to install a 3rd party user authentication product on one of our RH
Linux/Apache intranet servers.  Originally I was told that their product was
only tested, approved and supported on Red Hat Linux 6.2 running an SSL enabled
Apache 1.3.12.  On Wednesday, with help from their tech support, I was able to
finally get their product up and running on our test box, but I was informed
that the "tested, approved and supported" version of mod_ssl was 2.8.1, not the
2.6.6 I had used.  I see that there is a mod_ssl --force configuration option
for installing to a version of Apache other than the one it was designed for.
Today when ran the mod_ssl 2.8.1 configuration script with the --force option I
was prompted for "File to patch:".  Not knowing what to enter I hit ctrl-c to
abort.  I received 3 or 4 of these "File to patch:" prompts, hitting ctrl-c each
time, before the configuration script aborted.  I am unable to find additional
information, in the documentation or on the mod_ssl web site, about the --force
option or the file names I need to enter when prompted "File to patch".  Here's
the command line I used:

./configure --with-apache=../apache_1.3.12 --with-ssl=../openssl-0.9.6b
--with-rsa=../rsaref-2.0/local --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-shared=ssl
--force

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Irwin