Dean Hall wrote:

> [...]

Actually, I think Sang Yi has a point. I've never heard of anyone using
RPM for openssl then compiling mod_ssl and apache from source. It sounds
like a recipe for disaster to me...

Since you are happy compiling from source, why not throw openssl into
the mix as well? Here's some old notes from the last time I compiled
this set-up (obviously change the versions, paths and architecture to
suit your system):

# cd openssl-0.9.6
# ./Configure solaris-sparcv9-gcc --prefix=/home/apached
# make clean
# make
# cd ../mod_ssl-2.7.1-1.3.14
# ./configure \