-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I've noticed recently that Microsoft no longer support any version of IE
> lower than IE5.01 (specifically SP2 with the Q295106 hotfix). As there are
> some serious issues with IE3, like the now expired root certificates, isn't
> now a good time to stop supporting browser sessions with IE4?
>
> I would not be surprised if any future updates to IIS prevent these from
> working, so why should mod_ssl worry about a now unsupported browser that
> creates so many posts to this list?
>
> Obviously I realise that there are many users still using IE4 and below,
> hence this does need some consideration.
>
> What do people think?

Too soon to drop IE4 support in my opinion. Here are stats
based on a recent sample of 148,000 different host addresses
visiting a web server here that indicate IE4 is still used by
~5% of IE users and ~4% of all users:

http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/bstats/latest-month.html

--
Ed Kubaitis - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CCSO - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign