Thank you for your responses. It is interesting to see that there are still
some IE4 users out there (albeit very few), so as you both say, its too soon
to drop it.

We still have all our public non-ssl sites on distinct IP numbers so that
any users of http 1.0 browsers can access all our sites. I imagine there are
far fewer of those about. Speaking personally, if anyone can't access any of
our sites with IE4, I won't be trying to fix it!

-
John Airey
Internet systems support officer, ITCSD, Royal National Institute for the
Blind,
Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU,
Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk