Try useing https://localhost:443 as the url instead of just https://localhost

At 02:29 PM 12/21/2001 +0100, you wrote:
Bineet Suri wrote:

> hello
>
> myself is bineet and i am developer in osprey software
> technology in india actually just recently i have
> configured apache v 1.3.22 with mod+ssl and my lynx
> browser is 2.8.4 i am able to test through
> http://localhost but when i give https://localhost so
> it giving me "This client does not contain support for
> https urls"

Hi Bineet,

The problem is in your browser (lynx). The message is very clear: "This
client does not contain support for https urls" - it means lynx does not
know how to make an HTTPS request (as opposed to an HTTP request).

The HTTPS protocol is quite different from HTTP - you need a browser
which can support it. I don't know much about lynx, maybe you can get a
module or something to extend its functionality. If not, why not try
Opera or Netscape which have SSL support built-in.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.