Hi,

I've had to deal with this library relocation/defined symbols error on
solaris for a number of times now.  And I've never gotten a solid answer
as to what is the cause.  I still get emails of people who are
experiencing this problem ( because I asked on a web forum once. ) so I
know this bug affects a lot of people.

The FAQ I'm almost sure, is wrong on this bug
http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC11

I've heard that it's the linker to blame, others say it's the openssl
build be picky, and the FAQ says it's a missed option. Still others say
they never have a problem

To *try* to get a precise answer for this I'd like to gather build
information on people using modssl on solaris.  The goal is to find out
exactly what triggers this error.

I've included a commandline argument when possible.  Please provide
*any* information you can even if you can only answer 1 or 2.  And also
feel free to volunteer for info if you believe it would be useful ( I've
kept it short ).

Hopefully this will lead to finding the cause or causes and updating the
FAQ.

(1) What version of Solaris?
uname -a

(2) What linker did you use?
ld -v

(3) How many versions of the linker do you have in your path?
whereis ld

(4) Do you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH?
echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

(5) What compiler?
cc -v or gcc -v

(6) Did you compile the linker yourself? Otherwise where was it from?

(7) Versions of openssl, modssl, apache?

(8) Have you experienced the error?  If so, can you remember the
wording? ( that is, the error message, or some keywords from it )

(9) What configuration options did you use to build openssl, and or
apache. ( Any or all will do )

(10) Did you do anything special to fix the problem? ( upgrade software,
pray, plead to the monitor in anguish, toss the computer :)

If you've encountered this error, please respond to me directly or the
list if you prefer.

I will post the any findings in a summary on the list and hopely correct
the FAQ as well, or expand and the current answer.

-Kervin