Hi,

I'd like to thank people that sent me their apache/modssl configuration
information.  I'd still apreciate more solaris build information.

At least on one solaris 8 machine I have, the problem was with the
compiler.  Building apache with gcc 2.95.3 consistantly built an httpd
with the relocation error, while build with gcc 3.0.2 built perfectly
fine httpd.

If you are having trying building with a different compiler, and let me
know if it works.

If anyone built apache with gcc 2.95.3...
(i) Did you encounter the error?*
(ii) Did you build gcc yourself from it's source code?

*Note that you will *not* have a problem if you build with
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE because then apache's core is built as a
module, which changes the symbol sharing dynamics.

The issue I suspect is most likely due to a combination of factors,
maybe gcc 2.95.3 interaction with solaris 8 linker or something in that
line, but it would be good to confirm this.

-Kervin