Hi Owen,

thank you for your reply:-)

... but - when sending the output for the ErrorLog to /dev/null I don't
have an ErrorLog at all, and that's not really what I needed..

I dont what no ErrorLog at all but just no SSL errors in my ErrorLog (even
inside the virtual host!). I don't see the point that if I set SSLLogLevel
to none that this only means that no dedicated SSL logging is done, but
messages of level ``error'' are still written to the general Apache error
logfile.
In my opinion there should be an option "quite" or "disabled" available
which turns off this behaviour.

For me meanwhile I now playing around with piped logging using a statemend
like:

ErrorLog    "| /usr/bin/fgrep -v 'errno: 131' | /usr/bin/fgrep -v 'SSL
handshake interrupted by system' >> /var/log/apache_1.3.23/logs/error_log"

Kind regards,
Bert Courtin

Owen Boyle schrieb:

> Bert Courtin wrote:
> >
> > I wonder how I can stop mod_ssl from writing errors to the general
> > Apache error logfile.
> >

> Since your SSL site is defined by a virtualhost, simply put a separate
> ErrorLog directive in the SSL VH. Errors generated by that VH will go
> there instead of the global error_log. If you really don't want to see
> SSL errors at all, just do:
>
> < in SSL VH>
>  ErrorLog /dev/null
>
> Rgds,