Wes Barris wrote:

> We are currently using Jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1 with Apache httpd 1.3.22
> (binary distributions for linux downloaded from the www.apache.org
> website).  I also have mod_webapp installed (downloaded from the
> same website).
>
> Now, I want to add mod_ssl functionality to this mix.  From what I
> gather from the www.modssl.org website, I must throw away what I
> have and compile from sources in order to use mod_ssl.
>
> I followed the instructions on this page:
>
>         http://www.modssl.org/example/
>
> and everything seemed to build properly.  After copying mod_ssl.so to
> the new ./libexec directory and adding the following two lines to
> ./conf/httpd.conf:
>
> LoadModule webapp_module      libexec/mod_webapp.so
> AddModule mod_webapp.c
>
> I get this error message:
>
> root@redhat# /usr/local/apache-ssl/bin/apachectl configtest
> [Wed Feb 20 15:59:04 2002] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_webapp.so uses plain Apache
>1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)
> [Wed Feb 20 15:59:04 2002] [warn] module mod_webapp.c is already added, skipping
> Syntax OK
>
> I can read the words but I don't really know what to do.  It seems
> to be saying that I have to compile mod_webapp using -DEAPI.  Can
> anyone provide some guidance?

G'day,

I think you've got most of it yourself...

The standard apache API needs to be extended to allow the inclusion of
mod_ssl, that is why you have to compile apache with extended API (EAPI)
if you want to load or compile in mod_ssl. It seems that mod_webapp
(don't know it personally) does indeed need to be re-compiled using
-DEAPI if you are going to load it into a EAPI apache.

Rgds,

owen Boyle.