Johannes,
RE:>>Before I try further to compile the stuff by my own ...
RE:>>Currently there is only a non-ssl-version:
>          apache_2.0.35-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi
>          http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/#stable
>          This version is only available at present in a -no_ssl flavor,
> due to
>         ongoing questions of strong crypto restrictions.
>          (??? sources are available - but the binary not ???) already
successful?

Can't tell you much about a binary for NT.  That's probably quite low on the
marketing development list as there are not too many
Apaches running on NT.  (Please point me to marketing data, should I be
incorrect in this statement).  I'm surprised they invest any time at all,
let alone developing a binary.

I do know that it compiled quite nicely on SuSE 7.3 Linux with only two
tries.  I have pulled a little hair out in the past, with some lower level
versions, but IMO, the new 2.0.35 is very easy to install with mod_ssl
enabled, on a platform where it will plug-n-play.    So, if  you get tired
with Win NT, for about 80-160 bucks you can come back from the dark side...

The porters can help you, because they are very patient souls who want to
see the market expand for Apache and mod_ssl.  However, I'm unable to do
more than to point you to a solution that I know works well, right out of
the tarball...

I wish you well.

Andrew Lietzow
The ACL Group, Inc.