On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 13:53:47 +0200
Mads Toftum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 01:15:15PM +0200, Guan Yang wrote:
> > I am using Apache 2.0.35 (configured using --enable-ssl
> > --enable-proxy) and I am having some problems with using ProxyPass
> > over an SSL-encrypted server.
> >
> ProxyPass is broken for ssl vhosts in Apache 2.0.35 - either use
> the latest cvs version (where this bug has been fixed) or wait
> for the next Apache2 release.

It has been broken for a while, I posted the problem on the list a while back,
but at the time noone had a solution. If you inspect the ssl engine logfiles
you'll see that it is treating the back end server as an SSL client, which is
incorrect. Guess I'll have to give the CVS version a try... having to use
Apache 2 *AND* Apache 1.3 on the same box to deal with http and https is
annoying.

Cheers,

Pat.